Here are some tips to improve English,
- Make friends who speak good English, it is not easy, the best way to do that is to start to participate in the communities by joining church, do some volunteer works, get a part time job working in a team environment.
- Or find language exchange buddy, you can teach them your own language and they can teach you English.
- Ask people who speak better English to check if you have pronounced certain words correctly.
- On the project team at MVP studio, try to talk a bit more and it is all about practise.
- Watching movie with subtitle is also a good way to learn.
- Learn some casual ways to express a teaming. e.g. Figure out vs Suss out.
- Go to English meetups https://www.meetup.com/topics/english-language/nz/auckland/
- Go to Toastmaster http://www.toastmasters.org.nz/